801 E. 12th St. Mission, TX 78572
Graduate of Mission High School. Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance from the University of Texas Pan American in 2004. Received a Master’s Degree in Library Science with a Graduate Academic Certificate in Advanced Management in Libraries and Information Agencies from the University of North Texas in 2006.
Mrs. Rocha has been employed with the City of Mission Speer Memorial Library since 1999 and was promoted to Library Director in September 2010. Mrs. Rocha Is responsible for the management and supervision of the Speer Memorial Library.
Parks and Recreation Summer 2015 Recreation Programs:
The Speer Memorial Library’s 48,760 square foot facility holds more than 100,000 print and audiovisual (music CDs, audiobook CDs, DVDs, etc.) items in both English and Spanish, along with more than 100 current magazine and newspaper subscriptions, and over 16,000 current and retrospective full-text magazine, newspaper, and journal resources for the citizens of Mission to use via online databases. Check the availability of a specific book or material.
The library has a community room for meetings equipped with a drop down screen and mounted projector, 9 study rooms, more than 300 public access computers (including a computer lab with more than 40 units) equipped with Microsoft Office, a typewriter, copy machine, and scanner available for public use. Take a virtual tour of our library.
Our most popular services include:
- OverDrive Download E-books and E-audiobooks onto your electronic devices.
- TumbleBooks E-books for E-kids.
- Learning Express Library offers practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, and eBooks.
- Job and Career Accelerator Comprehensive, online job search system that helps job seekers get hired, every step of the way.
- Universal Class Over 500 Online Continuing Education Courses with real instructors and 24/7 access via the Internet.
- Zinio Download E-magazines onto your electronic devices or browse online
- DIAS, our Dial-in Internet Access System, which allows patrons to dial-into the Internet via our library for up to 2 hours per 24 hour period.
- Full-text computer accessible databases (EBSCO’s SIRS Researcher, Government Reporter, Renaissance, and Discovery resources as well as additional Internet accessible resources available through the Texas State Library)
- General reference and interlibrary loan
- Morton’s Book Club
- Story Time
- Little Tykes- Toddler programming
- Summer Reading Club
- Faxing services
- Rotating art exhibits and displays
- Computer classes
- Resources to help you learn the Spanish language
- Income tax preparation assistance
- New book displays located next to the circulation counter and in the children’s area.
The Friends of the Speer Memorial Library support library programs and services through their “book sales” table and other activities.
The Speer Memorial Library card can be used at the following HCLS Libraries:
- San Juan
- La Joya
The Speer Memorial Library has an agreement with the Biblioteca Municipal de Reynosa No. 342, “Prof. Agapito Zepeda Uriegas,” in Reynosa. On special occasions, members of our library may obtain a letter of authorization for library services in Reynosa.
Visit the Speer Memorial Library website.