Anna Carrillo (956) 580-8721 [email protected]
Nelia Hernandez, Assistant City Secretary
(956) 580-8668 [email protected]
Paula Banda, Administrative Assistant
Mary Cantu – Lisa Loya, Deputy Registrars
Cynthia Garcia, City Secretary Clerk
Diana Zapata, Receptionist
Vital Statistics Division:
Is responsible for registering and issuing birth and death certificates. The Vital Statistics Division is located adjacent to the front lobby of City Hall. They are linked to the State Registrar’s Office. Therefore, anyone born in the state of Texas may obtain his/her birth certificate from this office.
Birth Certificate Certified Form (8.5×11): $23.00 (Born in Mission)
Birth Certificate Abstract Form (9.5×7): $23.00 (Born in Texas)
Death Certificate: $21.00 for the first copy, $4.00 for each additional copy.
Mail Requests: Along with your completed application, please be sure to include a photocopy of your valid ID and a money order for the exact amount of your request made out to City of Mission-Vital Statistics.
Download Birth/Death Application:
About the Office of the City Secretary
The Office of the City Secretary is part of the city administration. The objective of the office is to guarantee the legality and accuracy of official city documents and to provide for their safe keeping. The Office of the City Secretary is at the forefront of the legislative and administrative processes in local government. The City Secretary performs the duties assigned by various state statutes and city ordinances, guarantees the legality and accuracy of official city documents, and provides for their safe keeping. The City Secretary attends all meetings of the City Council and keeps accurate minutes of these meetings. In addition, the City Secretary serves as the Registrar of Vital Statistics, Public Information Officer, Records Manager and Elections Administrator for the city.
Tasks assigned to the Office of the City Secretary include:
- Custodian of all City Council minutes, ordinances, resolutions, proclamations and permanent records
- Conduct all city elections
- Registrar of paving liens
- Registrar of mowing liens
- In charge of advertising in newspapers
- Handle all calls for the Mayor and the City Council
- Oversee the Vital Statistics Bureau
- Issue various types of permits, such as permits for taxi cabs, alcoholic beverages, wreckers, trailer parks and loud speakers
- Process open records requests
- Arrange travel plans for the Mayor and City Council Members
Links and Downloads:
The City of Mission abides by the rules set forth by the Public Information Act
Download a PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
Download a HOTEL/MOTEL OCCUPANCY TAX FORM
Download an APPLICATION FOR BOARDS AND COMMITTEES